Civil War “Letters Play” to be held in Western Pennsylvania.
Mark your calendars:
On Friday, May 12, 2017, Darlington, Pennsylvania’s Little Beaver Historical Society will present the award-winning Civil War play by Frank W. Wicks at the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center, Midland, Pennsylvania. “Soldier, Come Home” is based on the Civil War letters of Wicks’ great-grandparents, who lived not far from the Darlington/Midland area.
According to Dave Holoweiko, a board member, “ ‘Soldier, Come Home’ reflects some of our own history at the historical Society. About 4 years ago we were donated a box of Civil War letters from the family of 16 year old William Henry Huffman of Darlington PA. The letters we found mirror Wicks’ play so much it’s amazing.”
In fact, another board member, Jay Paisley, was inspired by the letters and wrote a book entitled, The Huffman Letters: Civil War Letters to Beaver County, Pennsylvania.
For ticket reservations and further information, contact the Little Beaver Historical Society at 724-827-8841. The “Soldier, Come Home” web site is www.civilwarplay.com.
Recent Blog Posts
- Mark Your Calendars: May 12, 2017, Midland, PA
- Samuel French Play Publishers Select “Soldier, Come Home” for Revolutionary New Online Play Listing
- Civil War Play Celebrates its 100th Performance
- “Beautiful” Civil War Play Wins First Place Award by Broadcasters Association
- Family Civil War Letters: The Silent Voice of the Pen
- On Pins and Needles: Barnstorming Across America with the Civil War Play
- A Gem of a Theater!
Civil War Letter