Dance in Maine Foundation
Dance in Maine Foundation was established in 1977 to:
– Present performances of dance, theater and classical music in Maine communities and schools.
– Assist performing artists in Maine to find venues for their performances in the community and schools. (Artist-in-the Schools, Arts Residencies in the School)
– Present new, original plays throughout Maine communities.
Over the years, Dance in Maine has been the recipient of numerous grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Maine Arts Commission, and donations and grants from local businesses and individuals.
Dance in Maine’s latest project has been the presentation of an original Civil War play, Soldier, Come Home. The play, based on family Civil War letters, premiered in Brunswick, Maine and has since been performed throughout Maine and the northeast including an Off-Broadway showcase in New York. Performances have taken place
in schools, historical societies, theaters, and community centers.
The 150th anniversary of the Civil War begins in April 2011. Many Civil War related activities will be taking place over the next four years. Soldier, Come Home is available for performances across America to mark the observance of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War – for theaters and colleges and for community venues such as Civil War battlefield visitor centers, Civil War Round Tables and historical societies.
Interested parties may purchase a copy of the play for a nominal fee and then decide if they want to present a performance or reading in their community.
You may support this project by contributing to Dance in Maine Foundation now. Dance in Maine is a non-profit, Federal tax-exempt, 501 (c) (3) organization. Your donations are tax-deductible and very much appreciated! The employer identification number is 01-0347213.
Please donate to the Dance in Maine Foundation via PayPal. Thank you.
Employer Identification #01-0347213.
Recent Blog Posts
- Mark Your Calendars: May 12, 2017, Midland, PA
- Samuel French Play Publishers Select “Soldier, Come Home” for Revolutionary New Online Play Listing
- Civil War Play Celebrates its 100th Performance
- “Beautiful” Civil War Play Wins First Place Award by Broadcasters Association
- Family Civil War Letters: The Silent Voice of the Pen
- On Pins and Needles: Barnstorming Across America with the Civil War Play
- A Gem of a Theater!
Civil War Letter